At university studying for an undergraduate degree?

Big Bang3

There are many options from here:

• You could train as a Clinical Scientist through

  • Health Education England's Scientists Training Programme
  • Continuing with an MSc in Medical Physics or Clinical/Biomedical engineering

• Information about the training scheme in Scotland can be found here

• Visit the medical physics / engineering department during an open day at your local hospitals

• Consider work experience or volunteering in a hospital or a patient facing role. Even if not exactly related to medical physics or engineering experience in a hospital is useful. Useful for getting a job but also useful for you as you might not like a hospital environment!

• Check our Industry pages if you are considering working in the Healthcare technologies industry. There is a database of all UK companies working in the medical technologies sector. If you find a suitable one why not contact them for placements or job opportunities?

• Check our academic pages if you are considering doing a PhD and staying in academia doing research in the field.

Join IPEM as an Affiliate Member - it is free for full time students.

Look at the NHS careers website for more details on NHS careers in medical physics and clinical engineering.

Alternatively, with a degree in physics or engineering, you can look for a job as a trainee clinical technologist. Job may be listed on IPEM's jobs page or on nhs jobs

Your employer can then enrol you on out Clinical Technologist Training Scheme