Doing A Levels


After A-levels, you can start your career in medical physics or clinical engineering by gaining a good BSc in physics or engineering. or alternatively, if you don't want to go to university you can check out these NHS apprenticeships

Start looking at the UCAS website to identify physics or engineering courses which you might find interesting (and check their entry requirements)

You could also look at HNC or HND courses in Engineering and use these to gain entry to a work-based training scheme in a hospital or in industry.

Visit the medical physics / engineering department during an open day at your local hospitals & Consider work experience or volunteering in a hospital or a patient facing role
Many clinical technologists training posts are hospital based so you need to find a job first. (If you search in NHS Jobs or NHS Scotland for “clinical technologist" you may find some available on a trainee basis). Many now require a science degree for this.