This interdisciplinary course for UK clinical oncologists, physicists and radiographers introduces foundation principles of effective leadership as they apply to senior trainees and junior practitioners in the radiation oncology professions. This course consists of a blended learning programme of four online components. All sections of the programme are highly interactive and highlight practical relevance to the workplace and facilitate improvements within our discipline.
The course will start on Monday 16 May 2022 online, consisting of an introductory 90-minute tutorial with the participants and teachers followed by online exercises and compulsory electronic learning modules to be completed prior to the start of the interactive online sessions (max 2-2.5 hours). Subsequent interactive online sessions will take place on the 17, 20 and 21 June 2022.
The course topics include:
- An introduction to leadership – what it means and why it is our responsibility
- Basics of leadership theory and styles - how to apply these
- Self-awareness, personality and emotional intelligence – how they link to leadership
- Leading and managing change
- Tools and strategies for leading quality improvement processes
- Team building and engagement – including dealing with conflict
- Creating and communicating a vision for change.