The course is aimed at individuals who are undertaking formal training in medical physics. As well as being suitable for new entrants to the medical physics profession, it would also be of benefit to post-graduate students, post-doctoral research workers, representatives of allied commercial organisations and anyone wishing to deepen or re-establish their understanding of the mathematical techniques underpinning medical image formation, display and processing.
Provisional lecture list:
- Mathematics of image formation
- Image processing techniques
- Perception and interpretation of medical images
- Three-dimensional image display
- Demonstration of image processing techniques
The next course will run on 20th February 2024. Registration closes on 5th February 2024.