For those training in, or employed in the early stages of their career in medical physics and/or clinical engineering, as an associate you can shape the future as we move forward with the IPEM 2025 strategy. Access our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Scheme and apply for professional registrations from the Engineering Council and Science Council. IPEM job listings will keep you alerted to new opportunities, continue your professional development with over 50 professional Communities of Interest to interact with, our award-winning member magazine 'Scope', as well as discounts on our sector-leading journals and conferences to keep up to date with the latest developments in your field.
Associate membership is the right category for you if you are, for example:
- A trainee, apprentice or early career grade, working within medical physics or clinical engineering, and progressing towards registration with:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Register of Clinical Technologists (RCT) o Academy of Healthcare Science (AHCS) Register
- International registrations
- Engineering Council (IEng or CEng)
- Science Council (RSci or CSci)
- Already registered with the Engineering Council as Engineering Technician (EngTech) or Science Council as Registered Science Technician (RSciTech)
- In academia, a post-graduate physicist, engineer or technologist employed as a researcher or academic in a HEI/research institute, or registered for a Masters or PhD programme
- Working in industry within a training role.
An IPEM Associate Member can:
- Join the free IPEM CPD scheme
- Apply for our prizes and bursaries
- Receive discounts on books, journals and conference attendance;
- Enjoy fortnightly e-jobs bulletin and weekly news updates
- Vote at IPEM general meetings and ballots
- Apply for one or more professional registrations from the Engineering Council and the Science Council.
As an IPEM Associate Member you can also:
- Apply to join the dedicated committees and panels that plan, organise and carry out work on behalf of IPEM, acquiring new skills and networks in the process
- Apply to join one of IPEM’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs);
- Get involved in outreach events to schools and the public
- Participate in a range of ‘micro’ volunteering opportunities that can be carried out from your desk.
- Associate Membership: £66
IOP Members receive 25% discount
- Full time postgraduate Student: Free until graduation
- NHS Apprentice: Free