Looking for a suitable role

Christina Wocintechchat Com Ef7hn40wbaq Unsplash

So how do you find a job that will give me the relevant experience and where can I apply?

Vacancies in medical physics and clinical engineering departments are advertised on websites and mailing lists such as:

Advice on things to look for in job listings.

Jobs for candidates that have just achieved HCPC registration as a Clinical Scientists (e.g after a successfully completed STP training) are advertised at band 7.

Some departments make statements in the advert that, if nobody with that qualification applies, they would consider applicants with less experience on a modified job description with the purpose of achieving registration.  Occasionally departments do advertise a post were applicants are not expected to have registration and a major aim would be working towards this. They may be advertised at band 6, or Band 7 "annex U" so at a lower salary level.

If the band 7 post doesn’t specify training, it is certainly worth contacting the department concerned to see whether they would consider an application from a candidate suitable for these routes, even if they have not stated this in their advert.