Speakers confirmed for Peter Wells Memorial Lecture 2021
A HOST of top speakers will be taking part in the annual Peter Wells Memorial Lecture which is once again taking place online.
Organised by IPEM in conjunction with King’s College London School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences, this year’s lecture is called ‘Advances in Cancer Care’ and is taking place on Wednesday 8 September at 6.30pm.
It will be opened by Professor Stephen O’Connor, IPEM’s President, and will be introduced by Professor Sebastien Ourselin, Professor of Healthcare Engineering, Head of School, Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King’s College London.
Speakers and presentations include:
- Professor Hashim Ahmed, Consultant Urological Surgeon, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and The Cromwell Hospital, London, on Diagnostic Imaging for Prostate Cancer
- Dr Teresa Guerrero Urbano, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and King’s College London, on Research in Radiotherapy
- Professor Marcel Van Herk, Chair in Radiotherapy Physics, University of Manchester
- Dr Jeanette Dickson, Consultant Oncologist, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, and President of the Royal College of Radiologists, on Radiotherapy: Lessons from Covid-19
- Professor Steve Keevil, Professor of Medical Physics, School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King’s College London and Head of Medical Physics, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, will facilitate the Question and Answer session.