Clinical and Scientific Computing Symposium
This one-day, in-person event aims to provide a forum to showcase CSC innovations and practice.
Organised by IPEM's Clinical and Scientific Computing Special Interest Group
Building on the momentum established through the previous webinar series and the symposium in 2022, the second Clinical & Scientific Computing Special Interest Group Symposium is intended as a forum for presentations on current issues, best practices and research relating to the use of computers and IT within the IPEM community. The symposium will therefore be open to contributions on all aspects of computing relating to medical physics and engineering, and we in particular encourage presentations from those in the earlier stage of their careers. Some suggested presentations topics are:
- Development of software to support clinical services,
- Implementation of Artificial Intelligence or Machine learning to augment clinical decision making,
- Implementation of off-the-shelf commercial or open source software to support services.
- Examples of quality management or best practice for software development and clinical computing service management.
Additionally we will be holding round table discussions on topics such as:
- Relationships with Corporate IT,
- Clinical Computing Service Management, what else should be in a QMS other than SDLC,
- The future of digital technologies in healthcare – where does the CSC profession fit in?
Abstract submissions are currently invited and encouraged from all those working in relevant fields.
Abstract terms, guidance and the submission form can be found here.
Submission deadline: Monday 10th July
Registration will open soon.
Invoice bookings deadline: Wednesday 6th September.
IPEM member £175
IPEM member retired/non-salaried £100
If you have any queries, please email the IPEM conference team or tel: 01904 550598.