To provide learners with a good understanding of biomedical equipment principles, applications and maintenance procedures.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of operation of a wide range of biomedical equipment.
- Understand the principles of operation of biomedical equipment with reference to human physiology
- Assess possible hazards associated with the use and maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- Perform electrical safety test to verify the safe use of medical equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and performance testing on a wide range of medical equipment
The prerequisite for this course is that learners should be in relevant employment and an appropriate job role and have suitable experience.
Equipment area/types will include ECG, Defibrillators, Patient Monitoring, Infusion devices, Premature Baby Incubators, Foetal Monitoring, Physiotherapy equipment, Surgical Diathermy and an introduction to Anaesthesia & Ventilation.
The next available course is scheduled for 11th March 2024
Booking is open now.
The course will also be held on the following dates and booking for these dates will open in due course:
8th April 2024
15th July 2024
16th September 2024
18th November 2024
10th March 2025