IPEM is delighted to present its first ever charity concert to be held on the 18th September at the Early Music Centre in York.
We are raising money for a project to provide a model 'linac' machine to all children undergoing radiotherapy treatment across the country.
· The purpose is to provide every child in the UK undergoing radiotherapy for cancer with a model kit to make a toy ‘linac’ – the treatment machine used for radiotherapy – to reduce fear and anxiety for the child and their family
· These kits have proved very popular in pilot studies, helping children understand the machinery they are going to encounter
· We are partnering with the RCR, SCOR and BIR in this project.
· IPEM is funding the initial set of kits, but needs to raise more money to ensure that every child undergoing radiotherapy can have one, and that we can continue to give them out free to families.
· We need at least £5000 this year alone
· The concert is one way in which we will be raising money for this project.
There will be a range of performers all of whom are members of IPEM. As well as our President Mark Tooley performing a classical piano piece, there will be a range of music and readings throughout the night.
Tickets will be on sale shortly.
© Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
Registered in England and Wales (No. 3080332)
Registered Charity (No.1047999)